Last time we talked about how to nail phone interviews.
And to stay on topic, let's continue mastering other virtual ways of conducting an interview: Video and Skype.
If you think Skype is the future, you’re wrong. This is already happening. It is the present. And being able to interview successfully over Skype and video is a skill you need to master to stay ahead of your competition.
Today’s podcast will give you 10 successful video interviewing tips that can help you impress every hiring manager you talk to. By the end of it you’ll have a solid start to edge out your competition and be the candidate that gets to the next level!
-Things to practice before you switch on the webcam. (2:07)
- How to “be yourself” on video. (3:17)
- How to make your video look professional. (Hint: the secret is in the background!)(5:06)
- This one thing will make you “hard to watch” on video. (6:32)
- How to put on your best “newscaster” face. (7:44)
- Your backup plan for when things go wrong. (9:12)
Being able to communicate your value through video and Skype is paramount. And if you practice the tips you learn in this podcast, you will have a competitive edge over your comptetition.
Plus, if you want more interview preparation resources, go to our http://interviewprepsheet.com and download the Interview Prep Sheet. This will ensure you have all your bases covered and are ready to crush your next interview and land the job you want.
Start listening now!