“Don’t you think you are overqualified for this job?”
How many times have this happened to you: You thought the interviews was going great, you’ve been asked to come back for a second or third interview and then, all of a sudden, the question pops up.
Can’t they see it from your resume? Why do they need to ask you when your credentials are right in front of them and, they’ve asked you to come back?
But here’s the thing. There’s a reason why a hiring manager asks you if you think you’re over qualified. And the way you answer it might literally mean the difference between you getting that job or not.
On today’s podcast we’re going to talk about how to effectively handle the “Aren’t you overqualified?” interview question in five different ways so you can move on to the next phase and nail that the interview!
- Why it’s good news if they ask you “Aren’t you overqualified?” (2:30)
- How NOT to answer this question. (4:20)
- The one thing every hiring manager is hoping to find in the answer you give. (6:25)
- How to convey WHY they should hire you and your excitement for the position. (7:28)
- Do you think you failed the interview because you were over qualified? Wrong! Discover why the real reason you didn’t get the job is something you can “fix” by a simple change in your answers.(14:32)
Having this stage down can dramatically increase your confidence because you’ll know exactly what to answer.
And if you’re looking for additional interview tactics and strategies, go to http://interviewprepsheet.com, download your free prep-sheet and get ready to nail it on your next interview.
Start listening now!