Title: Finding keywords to optimize your resume
In the previous episode you discovered how to format your resume using the latest trends. You found out ways to grab recruiters’ and hiring managers’ attention and how to keep their interest so they read it until the end.
But here’s the thing.
If your resume doesn’t appear in that search the hiring manager does to find people like you, all of your hard work is lost. It’s like it never happened.
And this is where keywords come in.
Today, you’ll hear about 3 ways to come up with keywords to put in your resume so recruiters and hiring managers will always find you.
What’s more, the keywords you’re going to use will demonstrate you are qualified for the positions you’re applying for and this alone can get you calls for interviews regularly.
- How to find the best keywords without even looking for them. (2:33)
- The “Jerry Maguire Tactic” to make any company feel like you “get them” so they see you as a cultural fit. (7:05)
- Avoid this or you risk looking like you’re gaming the system. (4:33)
- How to make sure your resume always ranks the highest for job applicant searches. (6:54)
- Different keywords you should use when you’re applying for a startup position and when applying at a Fortune 500 company. (7:45)
Get your free resume cheat sheet: http://resumecheatsheet.com
Wordle - word cloud generator: http://www.wordle.net/
Bureau of Labor Statistics: https://www.bls.gov/