This episode is a dagger in most listener’s heart as it’s about a subject that we don’t really like to think about: when you get the feeling your boss wants to fire you.
Thanks for listening, everyone! I’m Lisa Rangel. The possibility of getting fired is not a pleasant thought and is definitely not a pleasant experience. But how you handle this situation will say a lot about the kind of person you are and can even work out in your better favor. So even though this is not something you may want to think about, it’s in your best interest to be well prepared. Let’s check out what we’re going to cover today ...
If you’re getting that vibe from your boss now and you think you might want to try and work it through, we can help guide you and coach you to give you your best shot. If you don’t want to keep your job, or even if you do, but it’s not an option (like, because your company is moving and you refuse to relocate), we can also help you be as prepared and as desirable as possible so landing your next job will be a breeze. Hop on over to http://executivejobsecurity.com to learn more about how we can specifically help you.
Enjoy the episode!
Some call it Performance Review, others call it Employee Performance Evaluation or Self-Assessment.
But no matter what you call it, that time of year to evaluate your performance has arrived. And no need to dread or avoid it because this can be an excellent opportunity to capitalize on for your career.
On today’s podcast we’re going to go in depth on how to use Performance Appraisal time as an opportunity to make yourself shine.
- What you must do when your title changes. (3:01)
- Make sure you add THIS to your list of achievements. (3:29)
- How to articulate that you’ve played an integral part in your company’s success. (3:59)
- The one thing that’s of extreme value to any company yet many candidates never put it on their resume. (4:30)
- How to show your growth in your resume. (6:14)
Go to http://resumecheatsheet.com and download your free Resume Cheat Sheet resource to get examples on how to write successful resumes. Plus, if you want help with conquering your next performance review then hop over to http://executivejobsecurity.com for more info.
Start listening now!
Let’s face it: Everybody googles everybody these days.
And the same is true for recruiters and employers. You have to expect that, at some point, they WILL google your name and check your social media profiles.
The important question is, what will they see when they look you up?
On today’s podcast we’re going to cover how to clean up and polish your online image so you always look like the in-demand executive or rising professional that you are.
- How to create a game plan and start improving your online presence. (2:51)
- The number one rule to follow for all your Facebook posts. (3:31)
- The sneaky way your private party pics show up in Google search. (4:58)
- What to NEVER post online. (7:18)
- How to bury all the negative information you can’t take offline. (9:37)
- Having a negative online image is the worst that can happen, right? Wrong! THIS is even worse. (10:12)
And if you want personalized guidance on how to elevate your career or maintain your current c-level role, then hop over to executivejobsecurity.com for more info.
Start listening now!
I’ve met very few people who like working two full-time jobs. But with the constant stream of information, that’s exactly what it can feel like if you want to stay ahead of what’s happening in your field. So, realistically, how does one find and stay ahead of trends without sacrificing too much time with family and friends, or without feeling like it’s hustle 24/7?
Glad you asked! Today, I’m going to share with you some streamline ways to be sure you stand out and are noticeable to the players in your industry so you’ll always be in demand.
- You don’t have to be a bookworm, but there are some things you should be scanning religiously if you want to know what everyone’s talking about … (1:38)
- Industry trends and new ideas fall into two categories. You’re opinion on which is important, but you better back it up. (2:17)
- Selectively go to conferences and meetings, but not primarily to learn. What really should drive your decision to attend. (3:11)
- What you need to do to become the person everybody goes to … (4:32)
- Being in the right place at the right time to be seen as the trend-setter … (5:18)
As you’ll learn in the episode, so much of remaining employable and being in demand comes down to remaining relevant, and doing the things that place you in demand. And here’s a little hint: the vast majority of people aren’t doing this, so when you do, you’ll stand out all the more.
So pretend YOU’RE FIRED today, and start checking off that list of activities you need to do now, while you’re working, to create demand before you need it.
Of course, you don’t have to do all of this alone. If you you don’t want to do it alone, and would like personalized coaching, then hop over to http://executivejobsecurity.com. We’ll be glad to help.
Have a listen, now!